One way to keep your valuables safe in case of fire or burglars is to keep them in a safe. The design of the safe and the presence of a complex code make breaking difficult, the weight and the ability to embed it into the wall makes it difficult to remove it from the room, and the material from which it is made protects against fire and explosion. To avoid a situation where the money will be safely hidden in the safe from the owner himself, carefully consider the procedure for setting the code.
It is necessary
- - instructions for using the safe;
- - a pen;
- - paper.
Study the instructions and familiarize yourself with the mechanism for opening the safe. Try to close and open a new safe using the factory code from the instructions.
Start changing your code. Open the safe door without closing it, block the lock. To do this, make 4-5 full turns of the code disk counterclockwise. Dial the factory code combination (it is indicated in the instructions as a combination for the first code change), also specify in the instructions how many times it is necessary to rotate the mechanism disc and the direction of rotation. For example, the following procedure is possible:
- turn the handle of the mechanism counterclockwise, fix the number 10 opposite the working mark. Repeat the procedure 4 times;
- turn the knob clockwise, set the number 20 opposite the working mark. Repeat the procedure 3 times;
- turn the knob counterclockwise, set the number 30 opposite the working mark, do this 2 times.
Insert a special key into the hole located on the inside of the safe door until it stops, then turn it 90 degrees clockwise. Leave the key in this position during the installation of the code.
Refer to the instructions, familiarize yourself with the manufacturer's requirements for the assigned code. Write your code down on paper so you don't forget. Proceed as follows (they may differ for different safes, read the instructions first):
- turn the knob of the code setting mechanism counterclockwise and set the first digit of the new code opposite the mark for changing the code. Repeat this procedure 4 times;
- rotate the mechanism handle clockwise, set the second digit of the code to be set opposite the mark for changing the code, do this 3 times;
- turn the knob counterclockwise, opposite the mark for changing the code, fix the third digit of the code being set, repeat the procedure 2 times.
Return the special key to its original position (turn it counterclockwise 90 degrees), then pull it out. This completes the code change.